The Ability Internship Program is a 12-week summer program that welcomes students and/or recent graduates with disabilities. The program will help students gain public sector experience and provide the opportunity to learn more about our work environment and our inclusive culture within the Met Council. The internship program will provide you with the skills, resources, and network opportunities to learn more about the different types of career opportunities the Metropolitan Council offers.
The Ability Internship Program will start at the end of May 2022 and will provide:
- Exposure to the Met Council
- Leadership and professional development training
- High-quality, resume-building work experience
- Guidance and opportunities to grow a meaningful professional network
- On-the-job training and mentoring
- Participation in team projects, social events, and professional development
Students or recent graduates with disabilities are encouraged to apply to the program. Undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates (within 12 months from posting date) are all eligible.
The 12-week programs begin each summer in late May and end in mid-August.
The 2022 application period has ended.
If you have questions about the Ability Program or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.