Community engagement is a critical component of equitable development strategies. It takes time and resources, and we want to support grant applicants to be successful in their process.
The Metropolitan Council’s Livable Communities grant programs will offer more points to grant applications that propose robust practices to engage communities with a direct stake in development projects. LCA staff has designed learning opportunities to better support project teams that are making strides in integrating community voices into their projects.
We are hosting a two-part Community Engagement "Primer” to offer tools, resources, and a place to ask questions.
Thursday, May 2
9:00 am - 11:00 am
179 Robie St E.
Saint Paul, MN 55107
We will offer a brief overview of scoring changes as they relate to public process, an overview of community engagement principles, examples of successful community engagement initiatives, and time to talk with the facilitators in a small-group setting. These community engagement practitioners will be joining LCA staff:
- Claudia Fuentes, Outreach Coordinator, Metropolitan Council
- Amanda Lovelee, Parks Ambassador, Metropolitan Council
- James Garrett, AIA, Managing Partner, 4RM + ULA
- Alexa Golemo, Executive Director, Macalester-Groveland Community Council
- Avi Viswanathan, Program Director, Community Engagement Institute, Nexus Community Partners
- Olivia Levins Holden, Community Resilience Organizer, Hope Community
A light breakfast catered by El Burrito Mercado will be provided.
Register online by Friday, April 26.
When you register, please include questions or topics you would most like to discuss during the session. This will help us make best use of your time and touch on the information you most want to hear.
Hannah Gary, LCDA Program Coordinator, Hannah.email@example.com or 651-602-1633.
The second session will take place in mid-December.