Attention, attorneys and law firms: we're hosting a free attorney seminar for you to learn about the type of legal work we contract for and how you can successfully obtain contract work.
You can also learn about how to become certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise or participate in the Metropolitan Council Underutilized Business program (MCUB).
The Council contracts for the following legal expertise:
- General litigation
- Employment and employee benefits
- Freight rail
- Real property/condemnation
- Intellectual property
- Bond work
Take this opportunity to expand your business with awareness of the following:
- Doing business with the Council
- Office of General Counsel opportunities and expectations
- Stay connected to the Council for additional opportunities
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certification (federal program)
- Metropolitan Council Underutilized Business program (local program)
If you attend, you can also receive priority registration for informational interviews with Council's general counsel. Attendees may also be able to obtain 2.0 MNCLE credits (pending).
When: Friday, July 26
8:30 a.m. Registration and networking
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Seminar
Where: Metropolitan Council offices, Room 1A, 390 N. Robert St., St. Paul | Map and directions
RSVP: Trina Harris, Trina.Harris@metc.state.mn.us