The METRO Blue Line LRT Extension project cost is $1.536 billion. The following local funds are committed:
- Hennepin County: $526.8 million
- Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority: $149.6 million
- Counties Transit Improvement Board: $85.6 million (provided funding until dissolution in 2017)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation $8.19 million
- Brooklyn Park ($8.18 million) and Hennepin County ($4.12 million) for associated road improvements
- State of Minnesota $1 million
It is anticipated the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) will provide $752.7 million through the New Starts program with a Full Funding Grant Agreement in 2018.