Southwest Light Rail Transit
How much will it cost to build the Southwest LRT line?
The total project cost is $2.003 billion. Committed funding sources for the Southwest LRT are:
- Hennepin County: $591.4 million
- Counties Transit Improvement Board (CTIB): $218.9 million (provided funding until dissolution in 2017)
- Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority (HCRRA): $199.5 million
- State of Minnesota: $30.3 million
- Other local contributions: $26.4 million
- Eden Prairie Town Center Station: $7.7 million ($6.14 million CMAQ, $1.54 million Eden Prairie)
It is anticipated the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) will provide $928.8 million through the New Starts program with a Full Funding Grant Agreement in 2019.