Southwest Light Rail Transit
How much will it cost to build the Southwest LRT line?
The total project cost is $1.858 billion. Committed funding sources for the Southwest LRT are:
- Hennepin County: $393.6 million
- Counties Transit Improvement Board (CTIB): $226.4 million (provided funding until dissolution in 2017)
- Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority (HCRRA): $185.8 million
- In-kind land transfers: $69 million
- State of Minnesota: $30.3 million
- Other local contributions: $23.7 million
It is anticipated the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) will provide $928.8 million through the New Starts program with a Full Funding Grant Agreement in 2017.