Metro Mobility is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Guidelines.
Metro Mobility service areas and hours have not changed due to COVID-19. For specific trip information visit MetroMobility.org.
- Metro Mobility is not applying any of Metro Transit’s short-term cuts. If Metro Transit makes longer-term service reductions to meet ridership trends, Metro Mobility may need to follow those service reductions. Metro Mobility will share any reductions at least six months in advance.
- Scheduling rides — requesting and cancelling trips, standing orders, and standby trips have not changed.
- Drivers resumed collecting cash fares as of August 2020. Customers pay fares as normal, with safety precautions in place. Customers who need assistance swiping their Go-To card may ask drivers for help. Drivers must use hand sanitizer before and after handling fare cards.
- Photo IDs are required to ride Metro Mobility. Drivers will visually check IDs from six feet away to encourage physical distancing. Contact the service center if you need a new or replacement Metro Mobility ID MetroMobility@metc.state.mn.us or 651-602-1111.
- Onboard seating
- If there is more than one person on board a bus, they are separated with as much space as possible. There is limited access to front row seating, with the seats directly behind the driver closed.
- On SUVs, we have limited rides to one customer at a time and removed access to front passenger-side seats.
- Face coverings
- Federal regulations require transportation operators to enforce wearing masks while boarding, riding, and exiting the vehicle.
- Customers who have conditions that prevent them from safely wearing or independently removing masks are exempt. If you have such a condition, contact the service center to document the exemption MetroMobility@metc.state.mn.us or 651-602-1111.
- Please also wash your hands before riding, cover coughs and sneezes, and stay home if you’re sick.
COVID-19 positive or symptomatic customers
Metro Mobility is unable to provide transportation for customers who are COVID-19 positive or who are displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have partnered with the AWARE program to provide a taxi service with single-seat rides and enhanced safety features for sick or COVID-19 positive customers at a reduced cost. AWARE rides are only for trips to or from medical appointments. Please contact your Metro Mobility provider to arrange an AWARE ride.
- All drivers must pass a health screening at the start of every shift, including a temperature check at the garage. Drivers have access to COVID-19 testing at no cost to them.
- Drivers are always required to wear masks while driving, escorting, securing or in direct with contact customers.
- When the customer is stable, walking independently or able to independently move their mobility device:
- Drivers may maintain a six-foot social distance while escorting customers.
- Drivers will ensure safety and visually confirm that customers enter the door at their destination.
- Drivers are required to wipe down buses with disinfectant throughout the day between passenger pickups.
- Transit providers conduct at least one deep cleaning for each bus daily.
Day program drop off
- Day programs may require participants to pass a health screening, including a temperature and/or oxygen level screening with a fingertip meter before entering their facility.
- This process is managed and administered by day program staff, not Metro Mobility drivers.
- Metro Mobility drivers may allow day program staff to board buses to conduct needed screening. All day program staff must be masked and follow CDC social distancing guidelines.
- If a customer fails their health screening and is not allowed to attend their day program, Metro Mobility will organize a ride home with an alternative taxi service, following COVID-19 guidelines.
Grocery and goods delivery
Certified Metro Mobility customers can order groceries and household essentials online from a store that has online shopping and local pick up. Metro Mobility will pick your order up and deliver to your house. This service does not include food delivery from restaurants. Read more about our pickup and delivery service.
Food shelf delivery
Metro Mobility and Transit Link have partnered with food shelves across the region to delivery groceries and goods to those most in need. Contact your food shelf to see if they are part of the program.
Effective October 1, customers may book only one curbside pickup per day.
Metro Mobility is providing a curbside pickup service for certified customers. Book a curbside ride with your reservationist and we will bring you to your destination, wait for up to 20 minutes while you pick up your items, and then take you back home. Separate fares are required for the go trip and return trip.
Metro Mobility Service Center
The service center is currently closed to the public, but we are happy to help remotely. You can e-mail us your ID photos, standing order request forms and other documents for processing at MetroMobility@metc.state.mn.us. Call us with any questions or feedback at 651-602-1111.
Identification and Go-To cards
Metro Mobility staff is currently working on printing and issuing new and replacement Go-To cards. Contact the service center if you need one.
Applying for Metro Mobility
We are currently accepting applications and will fully process them within 21 days.
Metro Mobility is currently processing applications without conducting in-person assessments. If you were recently certified or recertified without an assessment, evaluators may reach out to you to schedule an assessment later.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. In response to COVID-19, we are granting extensions, if needed, through the end of 2020 without paperwork. If you need an extension, contact the service center.