South St. Paul Lift Station L65 Improvements & Rosemount Lift Station L74 Improvements
Project Update - August 25, 2022 (PDF)
South St. Paul Project Description
Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES), operator of the metro-area wastewater and treatment system, made reliability upgrades to its regional sanitary sewer lift station L65, located near the intersection of Verderosa Avenue and Interstate 494 in South Saint Paul. The project consisted of the following work.
- Removing old underground piping and structures on a portion of the site in preparation for returning of a portion of the site to the City.
- Replacing aging electrical equipment.
- Installing additional emergency facilities to help keep the station operating in the event of an equipment or power failure.
- Upgrading the ventilation and odor control systems.
Rosemount Project Drivers:
- Install grinder equipment to address pump clogging due to rags and flushable wipes.
Project Update - July 28, 2021 (PDF)
Project Update - April 21, 2021 (PDF)
Project Manager: Daniel Fick, Principal Engineer, Interceptor Engineering
Council's Authorized Representative: Kim Sanders, Principal Contract Administrator, Construction Services