Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan appointed a Metropolitan Council nominating committee for the Met Council District 6 vacancy, including Chair Charlie Zelle and the community leaders who reviewed applications for the Metropolitan Council in 2019.
This committee will hold public meetings to accept statements from, or on behalf of, applicants. Following these meetings, the nominating committee will recommend to the Governor candidates for appointment.
Applications for the District 6 vacancy are due November 10, 2021. Apply on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
Nominating committee members
- Janet Williams, Mayor of Savage, representing Scott County
- Dave Bartholomay, Mayor of Circle Pines, representing Anoka County
- Randy Maluchnik, Former County Commissioner, representing Carver County
- George Tourville, Former Mayor of Inver Grove Heights, representing Dakota County
- Andrea Jenkins, Minneapolis City Council Vice President, representing Hennepin County
- John Choi, County Attorney, representing Ramsey County
- Lisa Weik, County Commissioner, representing Washington County
- Charlie Zelle, Metropolitan Council Chair, ex officio member
- Nikki Villavicencio, Maplewood City Council Member and disability rights advocate, ex officio member
- Pahoua Hoffman, Senior Vice President of Community Impact, Saint Paul and Minnesota Foundation, ex officio member
- Dr. Joe Hobot, President and CEO, American Indian OIC, ex officio member
- Ruby Azurdia-Lee, President of Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servico (CLUES), ex officio member