Allocating federal funds to meet local and regional transportation needs
Every two years, the Regional Solicitation process allocates federal transportation funds to locally-initiated projects to meet regional transportation needs.
As the region’s federally-designated Metropolitan Planning Organization,
the Council works with the Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
to review and allocate these funds, using an objective, data-driven, transparent process.
The Council adopted the 2018 Regional Solicitation on February 28, 2018.
2018 Regional Solicitation opens in May
- February 28, 2018 - Met Council adopted the 2018 Regional Solicitation package
- April 13, 2018 - Regional Solicitation Workshop - 2-3:30 p.m., Metro Cities, 145 University Ave West, St Paul, MN
- April 17, 2018 - Regional Solicitation Workshop - 9-10:30 a.m., Metropolitan Council, Conference Room LLA, 390 Robert Street North, St Paul, MN
- May 2018 - Solicitation is released online
- July 13, 2018 - Regional Solicitation applications are due by 4 p.m.
- August - December 2018 - Applications are evaluated, projects are ranked, and staff develop funding options.
- January 2019 - TAC recommends projects and TAB approves
General questions about the Regional Solicitation can be directed to Elaine Koutsoukos, TAB Coordinator