The Regional Solicitation has requirements for the minimum and maximum funding amounts that any project can receive, which attempts to strike a balance between efficient use of the federal funds and a geographic balance of funding. These changes are proposed for this cycle:
- Decreased the roadway traffic management technologies maximum federal award from $7 million to $3.5 million to better align with historical application requests.
- Increase the roadway strategic capacity (previously roadway expansion) maximum federal award from $7 million to $10 million to accommodate the growing cost of these larger scale improvement projects.
- Increase the transit modernization minimum award from $100,000 to $500,000 to make sure that we are funding substantial infrastructure projects with federal funding.
- Increase the travel demand management minimum award from $75,000 to $100,000 to ensure that these projects are substantial enough to warrant the requirements of federal funding.
- Establish the roadway spot mobility and safety minimum award at $1 million and maximum award at $3.5 million.
- Establish the arterial bus rapid transit maximum award at $25 million for one project.