Allocating federal funds to meet local and regional transportation needs
Every two years, the Regional Solicitation process allocates federal transportation funds to locally-initiated projects to meet regional transportation needs.
As the region’s federally-designated Metropolitan Planning Organization,
the Council works with the Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
to review and allocate these funds, using an objective, data-driven, transparent process.
2020 Regional Solicitation Timeline
- July 1, 2019 - Deadline to request Functional Classification change.
- July 26, 2019 - Deadline to request Regional Bicycle Transportation Network change.
- September 19, 2019 - Release draft 2020 Regional Solicitation package for public comment: comments due November 6, 2019.
- November 20, 2019 - The TAB forwards the adopted 2020 Regional Solicitation package to the Met Council for concurrence.
- December 2019 - Metropolitan Council concur.
- January - February 2020 - Met Council & TAB host workshops
- Febrary 2020 - Online Applications open in WebGrants.
- April 2020 - 2020 Regional Solicitation applications are due by 4:00 P.M.
- July 16, 2020 - TAC Funding & Programming Committee approve the ranked list of projects.
- November 2020 - TAB selects projects.
General questions about the Regional Solicitation can be directed to Elaine Koutsoukos, TAB Coordinator