The Metropolitan Council's Internship Program offers a wide variety of opportunities to qualifying interns. Our program is designed to educate and mentor interns by providing professional on-the-job training and development. Our interns receive an hourly salary; most interns work full-time during the summer, with some opportunities continue part-time through the school year.
- You must have completed at least one year of post-secondary education; and/or have been enrolled in a post-secondary educational program within the last 12 months.
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States; a lawful, permanent resident; or have authorization to work in the United States. (Documentation to verify employment eligibility will be required at the time of employment.)
- You must submit the Council's online employment application at the time the program is open for recruitment. Applicants must have a NeoGov applicant account (registration is free and easy). To create your account, go to Governmentjobs.com – select "Sign In" and continue with "create account".
The Urban Scholars program is a full-time paid 12-week leadership development internship program for college students from diverse racial, and ethnic backgrounds. The program is committed to uplifting diverse students by providing them with professional experience, essential leadership skills, and career pathways to positions of influence.
The Scholars work 30 hours a week on customized projects in council departments, and spend 10 hours together in leadership development training, Toastmasters, panels, roundtable discussions with Council leaders, and other activities.
- Provide leadership development training that helps Urban Scholars grow into positions of influence.
- Create opportunities for high-quality work experience to build resumes.
- Provide opportunities to develop valuable professional networks.
Students from disadvantaged backgrounds are invited to apply to the progam; undergraduate, graduate students and recent graduates are all eligible.