A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Our region is blessed with natural resources and enjoys a high quality of life. That’s no accident. The Met Council and cities of the region have worked together for 50 years to plan and build a thriving region.
Make a difference
- We’re seeking passionate problem-solvers to help ensure our region thrives in the future. Use your skills and talents to help us create and support a healthy, vibrant, sustainable region.
Do what you’re passionate about
- Do you care about transit? Want to ensure clean water? Develop walkable, livable, bikable communities? Support affordable housing? Plan for parks and acquire land for recreation? You’re in the right place.
Solve urban challenges
- Our work helps keep our region livable — by developing public transportation that reduces traffic congestion and connects jobseekers with job centers, encouraging transit-oriented development, and supporting affordable housing.
Support sustainable solutions
- We are continually seeking ways to reduce our energy use and develop sustainable solutions, to ensure a clean environment and reduce the impact of climate change. We’ve reduced our energy use significantly by using electric buses, solar energy and other strategies.
Build a career
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement. We support employees’ personal and professional growth, and provide opportunities to develop management skills for leadership roles.
Opportunity for all
Council employees earn a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You’ll enjoy:
- A good work/life balance with ample paid personal time and holidays, and a pension plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits, including fitness programs and facilities, and two convenient onsite Well@Work clinics.