Metro Move is a new transit service of the Metropolitan Council that is designed to give people who have a disability and are served by a waiver another choice to connect to day support services, jobs, and community resources. This service will open up access for those receiving waiver services to reach many communities across the Twin Cities region.
Partnering to build regional connections
We’ve heard from you and your advocates that stable transportation is key to choosing day support services, finding and keeping competitive employment, and gaining access to community resources. Ultimately, Metro Move will be one more option that gets you closer to reaching your personal goals.
Metro Move has partnered with the Minnesota Department of Human Services and its lead agencies to build and design this alternate transit option to give you greater independence and access through expanded days and consistent hours of service.
About the service
Metro Move will serve people who have a disability and are served by a Brain Injury (BI) waiver, Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver, or a Developmental Disability (DD) waiver. The service will begin in 2024 and will link waiver participants to day support programs, work, and other community destinations.
- Your waiver makes you eligible for Metro Move. Your lead agency will authorize your trips.
- Metro Move’s service area and hours of operation will improve access across the metro region.
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- There will be no standby trips for anyone using Metro Move.
- Standing orders will be available.
- You will not have to pay an onboard fare when using Metro Move.
Metro Move will share additional information soon for:
- Waiver participants and their support team to know how to access and use the service
- The regions’ counties and their staff to understand and advise clients about the service
- Advocates to share and communicate about this new transportation option for the people they serve