Applying for Regional Solicitation funds
Instructions and resources for applicants
2022 Regional Solicitation Application Period is closed.
- May 19 – TAC Funding and Programming Committee will approve submitted applications as qualifying for scoring
- June to July – scoring committees will score applications
- Fall – committees will prepare funding scenarios for TAB’s consideration
- November 16 – TAB will award projects to receive funding
- December – Metropolitan Council will approve projects to receive funding
Before you apply
- Review the Workshop, Regional Solicitation Introduction and Qualifying Criteria.
- Review the sample application forms and start collecting the required data and letters of support. Applicants applying for projects on or impacting the state highway system should request a letter from Molly McCartney (email@example.com) or their Area Manager at MnDOT-Metro District. Applicants can obtain crash data for 2019-2021 from MnCMAT system or request from MnDOT by March 15 for the Regional Solicitation applications and April 15 for the HSIP application. This will guarantee that the documentation is available before the applications are due. Resource contacts are linked on the right.
- Review training materials and online videos prior to logging onto the WebGrants system.
Training Resources for applicants
- Regional Solicitation Workshop Presentation (PowerPoint Slide video)
- Webgrants Overview Training
- Mapping Application Overview
- Starting an Application in Webgrants
- Regional Solicitation Locating Funding opportunities
- Webgrants Tutorial to Log On to WebGrants
- Webgrants Collaboration Settings to add staff and consultants
Blank sample applications can assist applicants in preparing their application PRIOR to accessing the online system. These files are provided as reference ONLY! All applications must be submitted using the online application software.
All applicants and their consultants must register prior to accessing the WebGrants online application. Consultants working for an applicant must register for an account set up and be approved by the applicant. Once you register, your account will be ready within 2 business days.
Maps must be generated for each project application (except Unique Projects) PRIOR to applying (Step 3). Information on the maps will be used to respond to measures in the application. Applicants must attach the maps they create to their application.
Please review the WebGrants User Guide (pdf) before logging in. The system gives applicants significant feedback on the status of grants as they are completed.