Council offers stormwater grants

Posted In: Communities, Wastewater & Water
Date: 3/7/2017


The Metropolitan Council invites watershed management organizations, watershed districts, and soil and water conservation districts to apply for stormwater management grants.

The Council seeks to fund projects that demonstrate innovative or novel methods to treat or manage stormwater. Preference will also be given to projects that:

  • Can serve as visible demonstration projects

  • Are easily replicated in other parts of the metro area

  • Have a strong educational component

  • Are construction-ready with no implementation delays foreseen

  • Focus on multiple benefits, such as volume reduction, stormwater reuse, and others

The Council encourages eligible organizations to work with cities and other local units of government within their watershed and to submit all appropriate project proposals for consideration.

The Council also encourages successful applicants to solicit and include Metropolitan Council Underutilized Businesses (MCUBs) in grant-funded activities that these firms can perform. The Council will require all grantees to report on the results of these efforts. See more information about MCUBs.

The Council will provide 75% of the program cost; the grantee must provide the remaining 25%. Grants will be made in amounts ranging from $10,000 to $200,000.

Application deadline is April 14, 2017

View or download the 2017 Stormwater Grant Application (4 pages, pdf)

Questions?

Please contact Joe Mulcahy at joe.mulcahy@metc.state.mn.us or 651-602-1104.



 

Posted In: Communities, Wastewater & Water

Tags:

Upcoming Events
  • Housing forums are April 26 and May 10

    The Governor’s Housing Task Force will be holding two regional forums in the Twin Cities to inform the development of Task Force recommendations. 

    Date: 4/26/2018
    Time: 6:00 PM
    Location: Two locations - see details.

    More Details
  • 2019 MCES Open House & Budget Workshops are May 24, June 7

    Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES) will be hosting its annual open house and workshop for city officials (elected and staff) to discuss MCES’ financial structure, budget trends and capital needs. 

    Date: 5/24/2018
    Time: 9:00 AM
    Location: Two locations - see details.

    More Details
ENEWSLETTER / TEXT