MEETING OF THE
METROPOLITAN AREA WATER SUPPLY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday | July 26, 2017
Council Chambers | 1:00 PM
Note: Quorum = 9; Voting = Majority of quorum present must vote in favor for it to pass
|Sandy Rummel, Chair
||Metropolitan Council District 11
||Department of Natural Resources
||Department of Health
||City of Chanhassan
||City of Hugo
||Pollution Control Agency
||St. Paul Regional Water Services
||City of Savage
||Department of Agriculture
||City of Minneapolis
||City of Minnetonka
||City of New Brighton
1:00 CALL TO ORDER
1:05 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1:07 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
May 24, 2017
regular meeting of the Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee.
1:10 TAC UPDATE
TAC Chair Mark Maloney will provide an update from that committee’s June 27, 2017 meeting including discussion of water efficiency and conservation.
1. Collaboration to Improve Water Supply Planning: Sub-regional Workgroups – Ali Elhassan, Metropolitan Council
Staff will share summary of the AWWA regional collaboration report and how outcomes of that report relates to sub-regional water supply workgroups collaborative efforts to support policy discussion by the committee.
2. Policy Discussion: Collaboration for Successful Water Supply Planning– Lanya Ross, Metropolitan Council
Lanya Ross will lead the group in a discussion of policy considerations of collaboration opportunities, considering the presentations above and input from the Water Supply TAC.
2:45 UPCOMING MAWSAC MEETINGS
- Next meeting date: September 27, 2017 in Council Chambers
- Upcoming meeting of subregional work groups: Consider fall 2017
- Upcoming joint meeting of MAWSAC and TAC: Consider winter 2017/2018
- Upcoming agenda items
2:50 UPDATES FROM MEMBERS
MAWSAC members may provide updates on activities they are involved in that other members should be aware of in their own work.
* Additional materials included for items on published agenda
** Additional business items added following publication of agenda
*** Backup materials available at the meeting