MEETING OF THE
METROPOLITAN AREA WATER SUPPLY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday | January 25, 2017
Council Chambers | 1:00 PM
|Sandy Rummel, Chair
||Metropolitan Council District 11
||Department of Natural Resources
||Department of Health
||City of Chanhassan
||City of Hugo
||Pollution Control Agency
||St. Paul Regional Water Services
||City of Savage
||Department of Agriculture
||City of Minneapolis
||City of Minnetonka
||City of New Brighton
NOTE: Quorum = 9
Voting = Majority of quorum present must vote in favor of an item for it to pass
I. CALL TO ORDER
October 12, 2016
II. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
regular meeting of the Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee.
IV. TAC Update
TAC Chair Mark Maloney will provide an update from the committee’s January 3, 2017 meeting including discussion regarding the MAWSAC report and future TAC meetings.
1. Approval of Legislative Report – Lanya Ross, Metropolitan Council
Review the process to develop the report and proposed content, including input from the TAC, and request MAWSAC approval to publish and share the report.
2. Working Collaboratively to Support Regional Water Supply Planning during the Upcoming Legislative Session – Ali Elhassan, Metropolitan Council
An update will be provided about the 2017 legislative session including possible impacts to water supply planning in the metro area.
3. Joint MAWSAC/TAC Workshop Discussion – Dave Brown, Metropolitan Council
A short synopsis will be provided on the joint workshop to set the stage for group discussion on what is next for the two committees. Staff is looking for input on focus areas for 2017 and beyond.
VI. UPCOMING MAWSAC MEETINGS
1. Next meeting date and future meetings
2. Upcoming agenda items
* Additional materials included for items on published agenda
** Additional business items added following publication of agenda
*** Backup materials available at the meeting