MEEETING OF THE
METROPOLITAN AREA WATER SUPPLY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday | September 27, 2017
Council Chambers | 1:00 PM
Note: Quorum = 9; Voting = Majority of quorum present must vote in favor for it to pass
|Sandy Rummel, Chair
||Metropolitan Council District 11
||Department of Natural Resources
||Department of Health
||City of Chanhassan
||City of Hugo
||Pollution Control Agency
||St. Paul Regional Water Services
||City of Savage
||Department of Agriculture
||City of Minneapolis
||City of Minnetonka
||City of New Brighton
1:00 CALL TO ORDER
1:05 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1:07 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
July 26, 2017
regular meeting of the Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee.
1:10 TAC UPDATE
TAC Chair Mark Maloney will provide an update from that committee’s September 5, 2017 meeting including discussion of funding.
1. TAC Member Appointment – Ali Elhassan, Metropolitan Council
2. Funding Water Supply – Ali Elhassan, Metropolitan Council
Staff will share summary of water supply funding considerations to support policy discussion by the committee.
3. Policy Discussion: Funding Water Supply – Dave Brown, Metropolitan Council
Staff will lead the group in a discussion of policy considerations of water supply funding.
2:35 UPCOMING MAWSAC MEETINGS
- Joint meeting of MAWSAC/LUAC: October/November 2017
- Regional gathering of subregional work groups: December 5, 2017
- Next meeting date: Joint MAWSAC/TAC workshop: January 2018
- Upcoming agenda items
2:50 UPDATES FROM MEMBERS
MAWSAC members may provide updates on activities they are involved in that other members should be aware of in their own work.
* Additional materials included for items on published agenda
** Additional business items added following publication of agenda
*** Backup materials available at the meeting