BIPOC Work Group Meeting
A quorum of the Management Committee
November 2, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
NOTICE: The Metropolitan Council Chair has determined it is not practical or prudent to conduct in-person meetings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, committee members will participate in this meeting via telephone or other electronic means and the meeting will be conducted under Minnesota Statutes section 13D.021 at the date and time stated above. We encourage you to monitor the meeting remotely. If you have comments, we encourage members of the public to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your comments in a timely manner.
The BIPOC work group constitutes a quorum of the Management Committee, and therefore is publicly noticed as a special meeting of the committee.
CALL TO ORDER
REVIEW OF AGENDA
REVIEW OF MINUTES
October 5, 2021 meeting of the BIPOC Work Group (a special meeting of the Management Committee and Community Development Committee)
- Discussion of equity in the planning cycle
- Update on planning for the 2050 planning cycle (Lisa Barajas and Michelle Fure)
- Discussion of outcomes that should drive our policies
- Discussion about reporting on outcomes and equity work
- Staff recommendation for embedding equity in the planning cycle (Lisa Barajas and Michelle Fure)
- Work Group discussion about ways to embed equity in the planning cycle, including consideration of an Equity Policy Plan
JT Joint business item; presented at two or more committees prior to being presented at Council
SW Action taken by Committee and Council the same week
* Additional materials included for items on published agenda
** Additional business item added following publication of agenda
*** Backup materials available at the meeting
Webex Meeting Link for members of the public: https://metrocouncil.webex.com/metrocouncil/onstage/g.php?MTID=e72a129f2fb66ebdf7c4672794928e31a