MEETING OF THE
METROPOLITAN AREA WATER SUPPLY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Tuesday | October 16, 2018
Note: Quorum = 9; Voting = Majority of quorum present must vote in favor for it to pass
|Sandy Rummel, Chair
||Metropolitan Council District 11
||Department of Natural Resources
||Department of Health
||City of Chanhassan
||City of Hugo
||Pollution Control Agency
||St. Paul Regional Water Services
||Department of Agriculture
||City of Minneapolis
||City of Minnetonka
||City of New Brighton
The purpose of this meeting is to explore opportunities to support conservation and efficiency, as well broader regional water supply sustainability.
- Follow-up on source water protection discussion at the August 21, 2018 committee meeting
- MAWSAC is engaged in Metropolitan Council's 2019-2020 Clean Water Fund request (support for regional water supply sustainability)
10:00 CALL TO ORDER
10:05 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
August 21, 20
10:07 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
18 regular meeting of the Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee.
10:10 Follow-up from August 21, 2018 meeting
- Letters to Legislative Water Commission – Lanya Ross, Metropolitan Council
Ms. Ross will update the committee about the process to provide input to the Legislative Water Commission regarding their recommendations for groundwater and drinking water strategies.
- LUAC-MAWSAC coordination
An update will be provided regarding LUAC's interest in committee collaboration, including LUAC's response to a presentation on source water protection. Some areas of shared MAWSAC-LUAC interest and responsibilities will be shared.
- Source water protection policies
Ms. Ross will share the Council's existing source water protection-related policies, supporting strategies, and desired outcomes.
Metropolitan Council staff will lead the group in a discussion of lessons learned in the process to develop letters to the Legislative Water Commission, followed by an exploration of the Council's existing source water protection-related policies.
11:30 Resources for future work: 2019-2020 Clean Water Fund request
- Water efficiency overview - Dave Brown, Metropolitan Council
Mr. Brown will share information about water efficiency goals and work to achieve them. Local examples will be highlighted.
- 2019-2020 Metropolitan Council Clean Water Fund request – Ali Elhassan, Metropolitan Council
Mr. Elhassan will share the Metropolitan Council's 2019-2020 Clean Water Fund request to support regional water supply sustainability.
Metropolitan Council staff will lead the group in a discussion.
12:30 Upcoming MAWSAC Milestones
- How to increase committee member engagement
- Committee member interviews in lieu of next meeting
- Opportunities for input to LUAC meetings
- Opportunities for stakeholder input in CWF process
12:40 Updates from Members
MAWSAC members may provide updates on activities they are involved in that other members should be aware of in their own work.
* Additional materials included for items on published agenda
** Additional business items added following publication of agenda
*** Backup materials available at the meeting