Design-Build Virtual Information Session
December 8, 2021
Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES) will host a virtual information session about the Metro Plant Fourth Incinerator Design-Build project for potential design-build teams. The Metropolitan Wastewater Treatment Plant (Metro Plant) is located at 2400 Childs Road, Saint Paul, MN 55106. The project will be fixed price design-build with an approximate cost of $150 million and is scheduled to be constructed between 2024 and 2026.
The meeting will take place via Webex Meetings. Please register in advance through the meeting link below. You can connect via computer, smart phone, or tablet through the links below. A formal presentation will begin at 10:00 AM and last for approximately 30 minutes. The rest of the time is available for attendees to ask questions.
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
The information session will cover the Council’s procurement procedures, the Metropolitan Council Underutilized Business (MCUB) program, and more details about the Metro Plant Fourth Incinerator project.
The Metropolitan Council is the regional policy-making body, planning agency, and provider of essential services for the Minnesota’s metropolitan Twin Cities region. The Council’s mission is to foster efficient and economic growth for the region. MCES is a division that provides regional wastewater collection and treatment services to 111 communities.
The Metro Plant processes 850 wet tons of solids every day for 73 communities. The Metro Plant needs additional solids processing capacity to preserve existing wastewater treatment plant infrastructure and serve regional population growth. The project consists of the following major components:
- A fourth incinerator with state-of-the-art energy recovery and air pollution control equipment
- 26,000 square foot addition to an existing building
- Sludge dewatering and cake feed facilities
- Cake receiving facilities
- 7-MW steam turbine generator
- Vacuum ash conveyance system
- Propane backup fuel system
Rendering of proposed Fourth Incinerator
The design-build team will be selected in three steps.
- A request for proposal (RFP) for incinerator system supplier services will be issued to pre-select one incinerator vendor for the project.
- A request for qualifications (RFQ) will be issued to short-list three design-build teams.
- A design-build RFP will be issued to select one design-build team for the project.
Direct specific questions about current and upcoming solicitations to the Contract Administrator, Auburn Dees, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-602-1346. Current contracting opportunities can be found at the Metropolitan Council Contracting Opportunities page.
Direct specific questions about the project to the Project Manager, Stephen Norton, at email@example.com or 651-602-1551. More information about the project can be found on the Metro Plant Solids Management Improvements page.