SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP
You can request a trip from one to four days in advance. Reservations are taken seven days a week and 365 days a year from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please have the following information available:
- Your name and Metro Mobility ID number.
- The day and date of your trip.
- The exact addresses, including apartment, building, or suite numbers for both your pickup and drop-off. Any additional information that might be helpful, including building name, description and phone number.
- The time you would like to be picked up OR the time you need to arrive at your destination. Be sure to specify AM or PM.
- What type of mobility aids you will be using.
- The number of people traveling with you. Every customer has the right to take one PCA and one guest with them. Additional passengers may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
To register for online booking, contact the Metro Mobility Service Center at 651-602-1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Once your account is set up, your user id is your Metro Mobility id and you will be assigned a password to access the application.
- Go to the Metro Mobility online booking page and log in. This is a web page that will operate in any online browser on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
- Select "Book trip" in the navigation. Enter in your pick up and drop off addresses, date and time, trip instructions, and additional passengers. Submit by clicking "Book trip" at the bottom.
- On the next screen, review your trip information, modify as needed, and click "Request trip" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will receive a booking confirmation pop up window that includes your booking ID and provides options to book your return trip, book another trip, see your current trip details, or view all trips.
- Follow these same steps to book your next ride.
- You cannot add or change a standing order directly through online booking. To add or change a standing order to your online booking account, follow the instructions described below on this page.
SCHEDULED PICKUP TIME
When your trip is scheduled, you will receive a scheduled pickup time. This is the time you should be ready for the vehicle to arrive.
Your scheduled pickup time may or may not be the same as your requested pickup time. Your trip will be scheduled based on the availability of vehicles in your area around the time of your request. To accommodate as many trips as possible, Metro Mobility will look one hour before, and one hour after your requested time for a vehicle in your area. For example, if you request an 8 a.m. pickup time, we will look for vehicles in your area between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
SCHEDULED PICKUP WINDOW
We try to arrive as close to the scheduled pickup time as we can. Because Metro Mobility is a shared-ride service we cannot guarantee an exact time.
The vehicle should arrive within 30 minutes of the pickup time. The vehicle will be considered on-time if it arrives within 30 minutes of the scheduled ready time. For example, if your scheduled time is 1 p.m. the vehicle should arrive between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
If your vehicle arrives more than 30 minutes after your scheduled ready time, your trip is free.
The appointment time is the latest time that our vehicle can arrive at the destination address. If you have an appointment, please consider the time you need to get from the vehicle to your appointment.
Example: If you have an appointment at your doctor at 10 a.m., consider how long it will take you to get from the vehicle to the doctor’s office in the building. If you are going to a large medical complex and it takes you 15 minutes to get from the vehicle to the doctor’s office, you should provide Metro Mobility with a 9:45 a.m. appointment time.
“NO EARLIER THAN" TIME
If you are requesting a pickup and you cannot leave before a specific time, you can request a “no earlier than” time. For example, if you are done at work at 4 p.m., you can request a 4 p.m. “no earlier than” time. When looking for Metro Mobility buses in your area, the reservationist won’t offer you a time earlier than when you are able to leave.
SAME DAY RIDE
Due to the number of trips scheduled on Metro Mobility, same-day trip requests are not accepted during our peak travel times of 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
SCHEDULE RIDES BY FAX OR EMAIL
See your trip provider's email and fax numbers to schedule rides.
Requests for trips submitted by fax or email will be scheduled twice each day.
For trips that begin or end in the State Service Area, Metro Mobility may use the following process:
- The reservationist will take your request.
- The reservationist will tell you, at the time you book the ride, that they are placing your trip on Stand-by.
- The service provider will make all reasonable efforts to schedule your ride by 4 p.m. the day before your trip.
- The service provider will contact you before 8 p.m. the day before your trip to let you know whether they can provide your ride, and give you ride times if applicable.