MCES funding and grant programs
Inflow/Infiltration Grant Programs
The 2020 Municipal I/I Grant Program consists of $5M in bonding bill funding for the purpose of providing grants to municipalities for capital improvements to public infrastructure to mitigate I/I. Projects must be completed in calendar years 2021 or 2022 to be eligible for these grants funded through state bonds.
The I/I Grant Program is available to communities in the metro area that the Met Council has been recognized as excessive I/I contributors or have a measurable flow rate within 20% of the allowable flow limit.
Eligible work includes:
- Pipe lining and replacement
- Pipe joint sealing and chimney seals
- Manholes – lining, replacement
- Manhole sealing joints, castings, covers
- Flood mitigation
- Cross connection elimination
- Studies, investigations, or investigations
- Engineering costs
- Any improvements to privately owned infrastructure or private service lines
Qualified spending must occur between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.
We held a virtual information session on the 2020 grant program in January 2021. Meeting materials from that information session are available below.
For a description on I/I, please visit the Council's Inflow and Infiltration page.