MCES funding and grant programs
Inflow/Infiltration Grant Program
The 2020 Municipal I/I Grant Program consists of $5M in bonding bill funding for the purpose of providing grants to municipalities for capital improvements to public infrastructure to mitigate I/I. Projects must be completed in calendar years 2021 or 2022 to be eligible for these grants funded through state bonds.
The I/I Grant Program is available to metro area communities that have been designated excessive I/I contributors by the Met Council, or that have had a measurable flow rate within 20 percent of the permitted flow limit.
Eligible work includes:
- Pipe lining and replacement
- Pipe joint sealing and chimney seals
- Manhole lining or replacement
- Manhole sealing joints, castings, or covers
- Flood mitigation
- Cross connection elimination
- Studies, investigations, or investigations
- Engineering costs
- Privately owned or operated service line improvements.
Qualified spending must occur between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.
We held a virtual information session on the 2020 grant program in January 2021. Meeting materials from that information session are available below.
For a description on I/I, please visit the Council's Inflow and Infiltration page.