Southwest Light Rail Transit
How much will it cost to build the Southwest LRT line?
The total estimated project cost is $1.858 billion. This will be divided between contributions from federal, regional, state and local funders. Committed funding sources for the Southwest LRT are:
- State of Minnesota: $30.3 million
- Counties Transit Improvement Board (CTIB): $516.5 million; $11.75 million share of Certificates of Participation
- Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority (HCRRA): $185.8 million
- Other local contributions: $23.7 million
- In-kind land transfers: $69 million
- Metropolitan Council: $91.75 million in Certificates of Participation
It is anticipated the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) will provide $928.8 million through the New Starts program with a Full Funding Grant Agreement in 2017.