The Climate work group is an internal group of Council members established by the Met Council (PDF) to provide a forum for group members to work with staff on guiding the development and implementation of the Climate Action Plan, including:
- Identifying opportunities for Council member, partner agency, and public engagement
- Identifying areas in the plan where more investigation or discussion is needed
- Identifying barriers to implementing impactful strategies and potential solutions to overcome those barriers
- Guiding and monitoring progress of Climate Action Plan development and implementation
- Identifying emerging climate change issues and strategies for the full Metropolitan Council’s consideration.
The climate work group constitutes a quorum of the Environment Committee, and therefore is publicly noticed as a special meeting of that committee.
The Climate Work Group meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
Meeting agendas and minutes
Note: Minutes are not final until approved at the following meeting.