Livable Communities Demonstration Account (LCDA)
Focus on innovative, replicable projects
The Livable Communities Demonstration Account (LCDA) funds innovative (re)development projects that efficiently link housing, jobs, services and transit in an effort to create inspiring and lasting Livable Communities.
What makes a Livable Community?
This is where you come in. We can’t tell you how to innovate and inspire; we can’t tell you what brings your community to life. Of the 243 LCDA grants (totaling more than $130 million) that funded projects in 67 cities, no two have been identical. Successful LCDA projects:
Connect housing, jobs, civic sites, retail centers and local/regional transportation systems.
Demonstrate a variety of housing densities, types and costs, creative placemaking, environmentally sensitive development, and compact land use.
Catalyze additional development that efficiently uses land and infrastructure, and supports vibrant, diverse communities.
2019 LCDA Funding Schedule
- May 1, 3:00 p.m. - Spring Round applications due
- June - Council awards Spring Round Pre-development grants
- November 1, 3:00 p.m.- Fall Round applications due
- December - Council awards Fall Round Pre-Development grants
- July 1, 3:00 p.m. - Project Concept Plans due
- August 8, 3:00 p.m. - Full applications due
- September - Council staff conducts Step 1 review
- October-November - Livable Communities Advisory Committee conducts Step 2 Review
- December - Met Council awards LCDA Development grants
Application Guides & Forms
Apply for Grants
Apply online via Webgrants
(Please note: Project Concept Plans are submitted via email using the forms above. LCDA Development applicants are required to submit a Project Concept Plan prior to submitting an application via Webgrants.)
The Council sponsors optional design workshops in which a panel of design professionals offer input on projects before a full application is submitted.
Round Two Dates: TBD
LCDA Program Officer: Hannah Gary (651-602-1633) or firstname.lastname@example.org