Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Grants
Focus on increasing transit use
The Council’s TOD grants (LCA-TOD) promote moderate to high density development projects located within walking distance of a major transit stop that typically include a mix of uses such as housing, jobs, restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
Projects are eligible if they are located within a LCA-TOD-Eligible Area within one-half mile of LRT, BRT, commuter rail, or high-frequency express bus stations that are currently operational or will be operational by 2020. Projects within one-quarter mile of high frequency local bus routes are also eligible. Applicants seeking funding for projects outside of LCA-TOD-Eligible Areas should consider the LCDA or TBRA regular programs.
LCA-TOD grants allow applicants to apply for funding from the Livable Communities Demonstration Account (LCDA) and Tax Base Revitalization Account (TBRA) in the same application, which helps to reduce uncertainty and expedite TOD projects. Applications for TBRA-TOD are only accepted with concurrent LCDA-TOD applications.
2019 TOD Funding Schedule
- May 31 - TOD Pre-Development Spring Round applications due
- June 1 - Project Concept Plans (PCP) due for LCDA-TOD Development and TBRA-TOD Cleanup
- June - Council will award Spring Round Pre-Development grants
- July 1, 3:00 p.m. - Full applications due for LCDA-TOD Development and TBRA-TOD Cleanup
- July-August- Council staff conducts reviews
- September - Livable Communities Advisory Committee conducts Step Two evaluations
- October - Met Council awards LCDA-TOD Development grants
- November 1, 3:00 p.m. - TOD Pre-Development Fall Round applications due
- December - Council awards Fall Round Pre-Development grants
Apply for Grants
Apply ONLINE via Webgrants (Available May 31)
(Please note: LCDA Development applicants are required to submit a Project Concept Plan prior to submitting an application via Webgrants.)
Application Guide & Forms
The Council sponsors optional design workshops in which a panel of design professionals offer input on projects before a full application is submitted. Round Two Dates: TBD
2019 Information & Application