Allocating federal funds to meet local and regional transportation needs
Every two years, the Regional Solicitation process allocates federal transportation funds to locally-initiated projects to meet regional transportation needs.
As the region’s federally-designated Metropolitan Planning Organization,
the Council works with the Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
to review and allocate these funds, using an objective, data-driven, transparent process.
2018 Regional Solicitation now open
- February 2018 - the Council adopts the 2018 Regional Solicitation.
- April 2018 - Workshops for potential applicants.
- May 2018 - Regional Solicitation opens.
- July 13, 2018 - Regional Solicitation applications are due by 4 p.m.
- August - December 2018 - Applications are evaluated, projects are ranked, and staff develop funding options.
- January 2019 - TAC recommends projects and TAB approves
General questions about the Regional Solicitation can be directed to Elaine Koutsoukos, TAB Coordinator