Allocating federal funds to meet local and regional transportation needs
Every two years, the Regional Solicitation process allocates federal transportation funds to locally-initiated projects to meet regional transportation needs.
As the region’s federally-designated Metropolitan Planning Organization,
the Council works with the Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
to review and allocate these funds, using an objective, data-driven, transparent process.
2020 Regional Solicitation underdevelopment
- See Sample Applications in MS Word.
- Apply online for the Regional Solicitation
- April-June 2019 - Develop and discuss changes to the Regional Solicitation applications for the 2020 Regional Solicitation.
- July 1, 2019 - Deadline to request Functional Classification change.
- July 26, 2019 - Deadline to request Regional Bicycle Transportation Network change.
- July 17, 2019 to August 21, 2019 - Introduce changes to Introduction and Qualifying Criteria sections of the roadway, transit, bike/edestrian applications.
- September 19, 2019 - Release draft 2020 regional solicitation package for public comment: comments due November 6, 2019.
- November 20, 2019 - The TAB forwards the adopted 2020 reginal solicitation package to the Met Council for concurrence.
- December 2019 - Metropolitan Council concur.
- September 2019 to February 2020 - Online application set-up and testing.
- January - February 2020 - TAC Funding & Programming Committee names project scoring group chairs; Met Council & TAB host workshops; 2020 Regional Solicitation released.
- April 2020 - Regional Solicitation applications are due by 4:00 P.M.
- July 16, 2020 - TAC Funding & Programming Committee approve the ranked list of projects.
- November 2020 - TAC recommends projects and TAB approves
General questions about the Regional Solicitation can be directed to Elaine Koutsoukos, TAB Coordinator