Route and Stations
Connecting Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Robbinsdale, Golden Valley & Minneapolis
The METRO Blue Line Extension will travel approximately 13 miles from downtown Minneapolis to the northwest, serving the communities of Minneapolis, Golden Valley, Robbinsdale, Crystal and Brooklyn Park. It will join the existing METRO Blue Line at Target Field Station in Minneapolis.
The map below shows the track alignment and station locations.
The METRO Blue Line Extension will have 11 new stations:
- 63rd Avenue, Brooklyn Boulevard, 85th Avenue, 93rd Avenue, and Oak Grove Parkway in Brooklyn Park
- Bass Lake Road in Crystal
- Robbinsdale Station in Robbinsdale
- Plymouth Avenue/Theodore Wirth Park and Golden Valley Road in Golden Valley
- Van White Boulevard and Penn Avenue in Minneapolis
Passengers on the Blue Line Extension will be able to continue on the existing METRO Blue Line at Target Field Station in Minneapolis to destinations including the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, and the Mall of America. Passengers will be able to transfer to and from the METRO Green Line at downtown Minneapolis stations.