The Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) is a key participant in the region's transportation planning process. This board is where state, regional, and local officials, transportation providers, and community members contribute to transportation planning and recommend projects for federal funding. More about TAB.
TAB creates space for state, regional and local officials, transportation providers and community members to connect and discuss transportation in the region. They review and comment on regional and statewide plans and documents produced by the Council and its partners. Advisory board members solicit, evaluate and recommend local and regional projects to receive federal transportation funding to the Met Council, known as the Regional Solicitation. The board also recommends the region's Transportation Improvement Program, which includes all regional projects that have federal transportation funds being spent over the next four years.
TAB membership consists of:
- 34 members drawn from county and city elected officials, citizens, transportation providers, and representatives of state and regional agencies
All member terms are two years.
Open seats (through January 1, 2025)
- Community Member – District E and alternate
- Community Member – District F and alternate
- Community Member – District G and alternate
- Community Member – District H and alternate
Materials for applicants