NOTE: There are currently three open seats for District 3, District 4 (Carver County), and District 10 on LUAC. Applications for Districts 3 and 4 have now closed, but applications are still being accepted for the one opening in District 10. See details and how to apply.
The Land Use Advisory Committee (LUAC) provides advice and assistance to the Council on regional land use and comprehensive planning, and in matters of metropolitan significance as requested by the Council. See answers to frequently asked questions about LUAC (pdf).
LUAC usually meets the 3rd Thursday of every other month at 4 p.m. in Room Lower Level A.
- Committee Chair Jon Commers, Metropolitan Council
- District 1 - Marvin Johnson, Mayor, Independence
- District 2 - James Saefke, elected official, Fridley
- District 3 - VACANT
- District 4 - (Carver County) VACANT
- District 4 - (Scott County) - Kathi Mocol, elected official, Shakopee
- District 5 - William Neuendorf, Edina
- District 6 - Kathi Hemken, Mayor, New Hope
- District 7 - Jamil Ford, Minneapolis
- District 8 - Chip Halbach, Minneapolis
- District 9 - Jennifer Geisler, elected official, Coon Rapids
- District 10 - VACANT
- District 11 - Phil Klein, elected official, Hugo
- District 12 - Kristina Smitten, Marine on St. Croix
- District 13 - James McClean, St. Paul
- District 14 - Elizabeth Wefel, St. Paul
- District 15 - William Droste, Mayor, Rosemount
- District 16 - Karl Drotning, Lakeville
Note: Minutes are not final until approved at the following meeting.
Show more details using the arrows to the left of each meeting title,
or expand all details using the arrow in the header.