The purpose of the Metro Mobility Task Force was to develop and submit a report to the Minnesota State Legislature by February 15, 2018.
According to the legislative language, the report must:
- Describe the current Metro Mobility program
- Summarize the work of the task force and its findings
- Identify options for reducing program costs and improving efficiency
- Identify at least three potential service level approaches that involve partnering with and incorporating transportation network companies, taxi service providers, or both
- Provide any recommendations for program and legislative changes
In accordance with the 2017 omnibus transportation bill, the Metro Mobility Task Force examined ways to improve Metro Mobility services, limit costs, and improve efficiency. The below report includes a summary of the current Metro Mobility program, four service-level approaches that include the integration of taxi services or transportation network companies, and recommendations to the Metropolitan Council and the Minnesota Legislature.
The Task Force approved the report unanimously at its final meeting held on February 7, 2018 and the report was sent to the Legislature on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Nick Thompson, Director of Metropolitan Transportation Services
Task Force members
- Commissioner Scott Schulte, Anoka County
- Commissioner Gayle Degler, Carver County
- City Council Member Dick Vitelli, City of West St. Paul, Appointed by Dakota County
- Commissioner Jim McDonough, Ramsey County
- Commissioner Karla Bigham, Washington County
- Commissioner Marion Greene, Hennepin County
- Commissioner Jon Ulrich, Scott County
Other government/non-profit/academic members
- Metropolitan Council Member Deb Barber, District 4 (Scott and Carver Counties), representing Metro Mobility
- Ken Rodgers, Transportation Accessibility Advisory Committee Representative
- Matt Knutson, Department of Human Services
- Stewart McMullan, Minnesota Management and Budget
- David Fenley, Minnesota Council on Disability
- Bob Platz, Association of Residential Resources in MN
- Frank Douma, U of M Center for Transportation Studies
- Carla Jacobs, Uber
- Jon Walker, Lyft
- Steve Pint, Transportation Plus
- Michael Sutton, 10/10 Taxi—Super Taxi, Inc.
Meeting minutes and agendas
Show more details using the arrows to the left of each meeting title,
or expand all details using the arrow in the header.