Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
The Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) is a key participant in the region's transportation planning process. This board is where state, regional and local officials, transportation providers, and community members contribute to transportation planning and recommend projects for federal funding. The board:
Provides a discussion forum for state, regional and local officials, transportation providers and community members.
Reviews and comments on regional and statewide plans and documents produced by the Council and its partners.
Solicits, evaluates and recommends to the Council local and regional projects to receive federal transportation funding, known as the Regional Solicitation.
Recommends the region's Transportation Improvement Program, which includes all regional projects that have federal transportation funds being spent over the next four years.
Meeting agendas and minutes
Note: Minutes are not final until approved at the following meeting.
Show more details using the arrows to the left of each meeting title,
or expand all details using the arrow in the header.
The 34-member board is chaired by one member nominated by the body and then recommended to Council. That board chair serves as the liaison between the board and the Council.
- Metropolitan Council - Deb Barber (Kris Fredson, alternate)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation - Michael Barnes (Sheila Kauppi, alternate)
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency - Craig McDonnell (Todd Biewen, alternate)
- Metropolitan Airport Commission - Carl Crimmins
- Suburban Transit Association - Jeff Wosje, Plymouth (Jerry McDonald, alternate)
TAB Districts Map (pdf)
- TAB District A (Council Districts 1 and 2) - Doug Anderson (Timothy Huebsch, alternate)
- TAB District B (Council Districts 3 and 4) - Frank Boyles (John Morast, alternate)
- TAB District C (Council District 4 and 5) - Sue Sanger (Andrew Lewis, alternate)
- TAB District D (Council Districts 7 and 8) - Ashwat Narayanan (Glen Johnson, alternate)
- TAB District E (Council Districts 9 and 10) - Christopher Geisler (Sam Villella, alternate)
- TAB District F (Council Districts 11 and 12) - Mary Giuliani Stephens (Kathleen Finnegan, alternate)
- TAB District G (Council Districts 13 and 14) - William Lindeke - (Scott Berger, alternate)
- TAB District H (Council Districts 15 and 16) - Peter Dugan (Rick Olson, alternate)
- Cottage Grove Mayor Myron Bailey (Council Member Steve Dennis, alternate)
- Maple Grove Mayor Mark Steffenson
- St. Paul Council Member Chris Tolbert (Council Member Mitra Jalali Nelson, alternate)
- Edina Mayor James Hovland, Chair
- Minneapolis Council Member Kevin Reich (Council Member Lisa Bender, alternate)
- Hugo Council Member Becky Petryk
- Chaska Mayor Mark Windschitl (Council Member Mike Huang, alternate)
- Apple Valley Mayor Mary Hamann-Roland (Council Member Clint Hooppaw, alternate)
- Blaine Council Member Dick Swanson (Council Member Julie Jeppson, alternate)
- Eagan Council Member Gary Hansen (Council Member Bill Droste, alternate)
- Anoka County - Matt Look (Scott Schulte, alternate)
- Carver County - Randy Maluchnik (Tom Workman, alternate)
- Dakota County - Mary Liz Holberg (Kathleen Gaylord, alternate)
- Ramsey County - Mary Jo McGuire (Trista MatasCastillo, alternate)
- Hennepin County - Debbie Goettel (Jan Callison, alternate)
- Scott County - Jon Ulrich (Michael Beard, alternate)
- Washington County - Stan Karwoski (Wayne Johnson, alternate)
- Transit - Mathews Hollinshead (Kyle Olson, alternate)
- Transit - Amity Foster (Kyle Olson, alternate)
- Freight (appointed by MnDOT) - George Schember
- Non-motorized - Nick Fox (Brian Martinson, alternate)
- Metropolitan Council, MTS Director - Nick Thompson
- TAB Coordinator - Elaine Koutsoukos
- TAC Chair - Lisa Freese