Transportation Advisory Board
The Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) is a key participant in the region's transportation planning process. This board is where state, regional and local officials, transportation providers, and community members contribute to transportation planning and recommend projects for federal funding. The board:
Provides a discussion forum for state, regional and local officials, transportation providers and community members.
Reviews and comments on regional and statewide plans and documents produced by the Council and its partners.
Solicits, evaluates and recommends to the Council local and regional projects to receive federal transportation funding, known as the Regional Solicitation.
Recommends the region's Transportation Improvement Program, which includes all regional projects that have federal transportation funds being spent over the next four years.
The Transportation Advisory Board meets the third Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m.
Note: Minutes are not final until approved at the following meeting.
The 34-member board is chaired by one member nominated by the body and then recommended to the Metropolitan Council. That board chair serves as the liaison between the board and the Met Council.
- Metropolitan Council — Deb Barber (Reva Chamblis, alternate)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation — Michael Barnes (Sheila Kauppi, alternate)
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency — Frank Kohlasch (Todd Biewen, alternate)
- Metropolitan Airport Commission — Carl Crimmins
- Suburban Transit Association — Eagan Council Member Gary Hansen, MVTA (Prior Lake Council Member Kevin Burkart, MVTA, alternate)
TAB Districts Map (pdf)
- TAB District A (Council Districts 1 and 2) — Doug Anderson (vacant, alternate)
- TAB District B (Council Districts 3 and 4) — Randy Maluchnik (John Morast, alternate)
- TAB District C (Council District 5 and 6) — Andrew Lewis (Husniyah Bradley, alternate)
- TAB District D (Council Districts 7 and 8) — Ashwat Narayanan (Glen Johnson, alternate)
- TAB District E (Council Districts 9 and 10) — Christopher Geisler (vacant, alternate)
- TAB District F (Council Districts 11 and 12) — Mark Jenkins (Torin Gustafson, alternate)
- TAB District G (Council Districts 13 and 14) — William Lindeke (Rich Holst, alternate)
- TAB District H (Council Districts 15 and 16) — Peter Dugan (Karl Drotning, alternate)
- Cottage Grove Mayor Myron Bailey (Council Member Justin Olsen, alternate)
- Maple Grove Mayor Mark Steffenson (Council Member Judy Hanson, alternate)
- St. Paul Council Member Mitra Jalali (Council Member Chris Tolbert, alternate)
- Edina Mayor James Hovland, Chair
- Minneapolis Council Member Emily Koski (Elliott Payne, alternate)
- Hugo Council Member Becky Petryk
- Chaska Mayor Mark Windschitl (Council Member Mike Huang, alternate)
- Savage Mayor Janet Williams (Council Member Bob Coughlin, alternate)
- Blaine Council Member Jessica Robertson (Council Member Tom Newland, alternate)
- Rosemount Mayor Jeffery Weisensel (vacant, alternate)
- Anoka County — Julie Jeppson (Matt Look, alternate)
- Carver County — Tom Workman (John Fahey, alternate)
- Dakota County — Mary Liz Holberg (Bill Droste, alternate)
- Ramsey County — Trista MatasCastillo (Mary Jo McGuire, alternate)
- Hennepin County — Debbie Goettel (Kevin Anderson, alternate)
- Scott County — Jon Ulrich (Tom Wolf, alternate)
- Washington County — Stan Karwoski (Karla Bigham, alternate)
- Transit — Amity Foster (Stephanie Alexander, alternate)
- Transit — Mathews Hollinshead (Evan Rowe, alternate)
- Freight (appointed by MnDOT) — George Schember
- Non-motorized — Brian Martinson (vacant, alternate)
- Metropolitan Council, MTS Director — Charles Carlson
- TAB Coordinator — Elaine Koutsoukos
- TAC Chair — Jenifer Hager
Contact a board member
Submit the following form to send a message to a specific board member.